Location: Malone's Social Lounge and Taphouse
Employment Type: Full time
Malone's Social Lounge and Tap house is a fun, lively venue located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Our goal is to create a unique dining or pub experience for all of those who walk in the door. We are looking to expand our amazing team, we are currently hiring for a Head Bartender. We are looking for someone who is willing to be working at a fun bar at and you will for sure enjoy being part of our amazing happy team :slightly_smiling_face:
We are looking for a leader who LOVES hospitality, creating a fun atmosphere for guests and staff and wants to make a positive impact.
Head Bartender responsibilities:
CUSTOMER SERVICE: On the bar through busy periods to ensure the best level of service is provided, gain customer feedback whenever possible
PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT: meet objectives and targets for bar sales, recruitment of the bar team, assess development needs, train and coach bar staff as needed, set and monitor quality and service standards for bar staff.
This means taking Malone's cocktail and drinks quality to the next level by assuring consistency communicate company policy, standards and procedures to bar staff
STAFF: monitor bar staff performance, set a good example in all aspects of the business as a role model for all staff, keeps an awareness of bar staff achievements and praise/reward accordingly
OPERATIONS: monitor and order bar supplies, check stock is correctly rotated and stored to reduce wastage, oversee the bar display to maximize functionality and attractiveness, work with the Marketing team to organize bar promotional activities, oversee development of seasonal cocktail changes and ensure all staff have been fully trained
INVENTORY: conduct weekly inventory counts and assist the GM with ordering bar product, work with our beer specialist to make sure that our beer and drinks menu is always current and up to date
Why working with us:
- You will get to work with a team of motivated professionals from different departments within the group, to reach a common goal.
- We promote a work-life balance philosophy, what that means is you will get to enjoy work as much as you will enjoy your personal time.
- Our management team is always encouraged to develop and grow within their department. We will support your career growth and development whenever appropriate.
- A large group of hospitality locations means plenty of career advancements and new roles are available to the right candidate.
- In addition, you will be supported by our Marketing, Human Resources, Operations and Maintenance teams so you can focus on achieving excellence behind the bar.
- Candidate must possess a valid Serving it Right certificate
- Mandatory 5 years+ in a previous bartending position and 2 years in a management position
-Must be able to lead change, inspire and motivate staff to be their best excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Previous experience working with a POS system
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Candidate must be able to work day and night shifts
- Passion for hospitality and customer service
- This is a full-time position
Learn more about us:
Only those candidates who are qualified will be contacted.
Thank you and happy hunting!